Thursday, May 3, 2012

[Life-Style Forum] "25 Random Things About Me"

Hi there!

In honor of publishing my Facebook page, I thought that I would give you my revised "25 Random Things About Me" list.  I originally posted one in 2009 after my eldest daughter tagged me on hers.  For those of you who remember, if you were tagged by someone, you were suppose to write your own list and tag the person back along with 25 other people. 

My 25 Random Things About Me List for 2012

1. I was born in Chicago, IL exactly two weeks before Christmas soon after my mother slipped on some ice.

 
2. Sometimes I eat dessert for breakfast. I figure that I'm burning the calories earlier so it really doesn't count.

 
3. Because of my Mom's Filipino accent, and until my childhood BFF told me I was pronouncing it wrong, the 'clothes hamper' was the 'clothes humper'.

 
4. After my HS BFF taught me how to drive stick, I secretly wanted to become a race car driver.

 
5. When I started dating my husband in college, I was secretly appalled that I was with someone who weighed as much as I did.

 
6. This may be too much information for my kids, but when I heard Dad speak Pigeon English when we were in Hawaii, I thought it was hot.


7.  That time in Hawaii, after college graduation, we went to the home of exiled Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos and met his wife, Imelda Marcos, who sang "Feelings" to us (remember she was notorious for her extravagant shoe collection?!).

8. I love HGTV, especially all the decorating shows! I think I wanted to be an interior designer after my mother took me to the interior design studio when they were building our house.

9. In my HS English class, I wrote a persuasive essay convincing the reader of the advantages of low vs. high heels. The irony is that now, I mostly wear high heels cause I feel so short next to my kids :)


My outfit - Pink Scarf: H&M (gift from oldest daughter), Dress: Banana Republic, Black Tights: Old Navy, Shoes (not pictured): Michael Kors Cork-heeled Black Pumps, featured in "Outlet Chic".  My stylish children:  Various brands from J.Crew, Urban Outfitters, Gap, etc
10. My first day of school in the 4th grade, I was so shy that I hid in the restroom during recess until two girls came in to ask me to play with them.

11. I deprived my children of any pets, except for a goldfish here and there, until the year my youngest turned 12 and we got a dog for her.

12. Kona, our crazy Chocolate Lab, lives in the house and I just love him! (Who knew?).



13. My secret pleasure: Going to Starbucks for a Venti Chai Tea Soy Latte, no water, extra hot, split into 2 ceramic mugs after running with my NorCal BFF (if you read my blog, you already know this!).

14. When I buy a piece of clothing, I totally believe in "cost per wear" in order to justify the cost of the item.

15. Sounds crazy, but I love hosting and cooking for Thanksgiving. Cooking the turkey really isn't as hard as they make it sound.

16. My new favorite show is Awake and of course, love Fringe and Modern Family. I was a fan of Grey's Anatomy, but haven't watched for years...I thought the whole Izzy thing with her seeing Denny all the time just started to bug me (I know, but I did say it's been years!)

17. I am in denial about the fact that I probably need to start wearing reading glasses. (Update: I have been known to pull them out now...)


I have never needed to wear glasses, so that's why it's been so hard to wear these readers!  Wrap Dress:  Old Navy, Black Cami: Benneton, Black Wedge Sandals: ShoeMint, Earrings: Express, Reader Eyeglasses:  Marchon.


18. I'm secretly jealous of women who don't work, but I'm honestly not sure what I'd do with all that time...

19. Or maybe it would be good because my kids claim that they started making their own lunches in kindergarten.

20. By the way, I didn't learn how to do laundry until after I got married, so the kids give me a hard time since they started doing their own laundry in the 4th grade! (Life Lessons, I tell them)

21. In Junior High, I was in love with Shaun Cassidy, but definitely think that Parker Stevenson aged better.

22. My secret wish was to have longer legs and hence, be taller. I guess my wish kind of came true through my eldest daughter :)

23. Okay, I just realized that :) is the symbol for a smiley face. I think that's why I'm using it so much here. I didn't even know it meant something when someone would text that to me... (Update: I am much fancier with these smiley faces now ;-)

24. I'm amazed at my kids and am so grateful that they are so much more mature and put together than I ever was at their age.

25. Being my perfectionist self, I'm so glad, and so is my husband, that I'm finally done with this!



"Like" my Facebook page, ShoeAxis at www.facebook.com/shoeaxis!


If you were tagged by someone, it meant that person wanted to know more about you.  So I'm "tagging" you all out there because I want to get to know you!  Send me your,  "25 Random Things About You" list and leave any comments or suggestions.  Also, please 'Like' me on the new ShoeAxis Facebook page at www.facebook.com/shoeaxis, or type in the Search 'ShoeAxis' on Facebook.  Thank you for being a part of my journey!  

See you later!


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment