Tuesday, August 14, 2012

[Food Stop] a la minute Gourmet Ice Cream

Hi there!
A fairly new gourmet ice cream shop opened in my kids' birthplace and hometown in Redlands, called "a la minute".  They make your own personal ice cream fresh to order, and have unique flavors, such as Strawberry Balsamic and Salted Caramel, along with seasonal flavors.  The ice cream is organic and they use local ingredients.  In fact, I have to brag and say that we know the owners, since the wife went to the same school as the kids and we all went to the same church.  So proud of their accomplishment, because we hear it's the new hot spot in town, and there's always a line to get their delicious ice cream!
My sister and her girls were visiting California from back East, and the girls enjoyed the kid-friendly flavors:  Chocolate Chip and Strawberry.  I've wanted to try a la minute since it's opened, so this was the perfect opportunity.  My youngest helping her cousin pick a flavor, while my sister's youngest watches people outside eating ice cream with her princess crown!
My sister's and niece's orders of Espresso Chip...
...and my order of the Redlands Orange Honey.  It was SO delicious and refreshing...you've got to stop by and try it!  Even though they aren't 31 flavors, the quality and freshness of this unique ice cream experience makes it special; worth the price and wait.
Don't you think it's worth it to pay more for quality and freshness instead of ordinary and processed?  Let me know because I think it's worth every cent and my taste buds thank me!  Thanks for visiting and being a part of my journey!

See you later!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment