Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From Serene Morning Run & Calm Starbucks Break to Closet Chaos & Utter Exhaustion

Hi there!

I am sitting here on my couch in front of the TV with a comfy blanket, my sweats, and some cozy Steve Madden leopard house slippers. I downloaded the Blogger iPhone app so I don't have to sit on a hard barstool in front of our desktop, and I'm exhausted.  I don't have a laptop (well technically I do have one, if you count a circa 2000 Dell as a laptop...), so I'm using my iPhone to blog. Hopefully it turns out okay.
My feet and my found Steve Madden Leopard Slippers


Anyway, it's a week before our race and yesterday was a beautiful day for our 8 mile run. My NorCal BFF and I rewarded ourselves afterwards at Starbucks with our typical, "Venti Soy Chai Tea Latte, extra hot, no water, divided into 2 for here mugs" drink!
The beautiful river trail we run most mornings
Kicking back with our Nikes after our run at our favorite Starbucks

When I got home, I finally tackled a project that has been on my "To Do" list for months...cleaning and organizing my closet. I am honestly NOT this cluttered and disheveled.  In fact, I'm the opposite!  I am trying to let go and relax from everything being "organized and in it's place", but this is ridiculous! If I am writing a blog about shoes and clothing, then I better get my act together. I mean seriously, I couldn't even see the floor, so how am I suppose to find my shoes and create any outfits?!  I'm embarrassed about my chaotic closet, but I thought, this blog is about life and stuff, and this is a lot of stuff!
TERRIBLE!!!!
Well, as you can see, I finally did it! I'm about 90% done, with just some minor things to put away.  So the lesson here is - See what  one can do when one puts their mind to it?!  I'm so proud of myself! :-)
WONDERFUL!!!!
We all know that anytime you clean and organize, you have to decide what is going into the keep, give, or trash pile.  I have to admit that this was easier said than done with my shoes.
  • Do I keep these Calvin Klein Booties that I just love, but I'm not very sure if I am wearing them correctly, if they look okay on me, or if I look like I'm trying too hard and should just give them away?  
  • Then there are these BCBG Matte Gold Pumps that I stole from my older daughter and wear all the time, even after Kona chewed up the heel? (I know, tacky, but they are so cute and no one really noticed, at least that's what I tell myself!).  
  • And finally, some Adrienne Vittadini Black Patent Sandals that are probably older than all 3 of my kids. I have kept them over the years and even resoled them, but haven't worn these sandals in years...so why is it so hard to put them in the trash pile?  
  • Oh, and then there was the easy one found under a massive pile of shoes and clothes - "My Steve Madden Leopard Slippers!!! There you are!!!".  Definitely a KEEP!!!
Fairly new Calvin Klein Lenora Kid Suede Booties
About 6-year-old BCBG Pumps
15- to 20-year old or older Adrienne Vittadini Sandals




Our shoes are like friends and acquaintances.  Some we know well, some we don't.  Some we love, some we are not sure of.  It's about building relationships and getting to know them.  

Sometimes we make mistakes and choose the wrong ones.  Sometimes we treat our friends badly, ignore them, or take them for granted.  There are those that are beautiful and lovely, but we mistreat them and hurt them.  Sometimes they can be mended, sometimes they can't be.  

It's funny how we can find an old friend (my Steve Madden Slippers) and just come right back into step with them; like they've never been apart from you.  Then there is that new acquaintance that you are attracted to and want to be friends with, but you are not sure if you really are a good fit (my Calvin Klein Booties).  

I guess that's where it takes courage to be who you are and wisdom to make the right choices when it comes to friendship.  I know that I have made my share of mistakes, but I have also made some beautiful choices and I am continuing to learn from both and trying to just do my best.

So I guess the same goes for our shoes.  If any of you have any pairing/outfit suggestions for my lovely Calvin Kleins, I would sure like to hear your thoughts so I can feel more comfortable with them :-)  Please leave comments as I hope to become a friend, even if it is only through Blogland.  Thank you for being part of my journey! 

See you later!

Cheryl 






3 comments:

  1. Nice closing comments. Way to tie it in to life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Earl! I saw your blog the other week and you inspired me to start my own, since I have been thinking about it. As you know, it is a nice outlet to our daily work...it's been fun so far!

      Delete
  2. Question? Which friend am I? I'd like to think I'm as comfy as your Steve Madden leopard slippers but as reliable your sexy black pumps. Haha. Great tie in at the end. :-)

    Also, I was shocked at YOUR before closet. ;-) But great job with the AFTER clean up. Do you know that in my teeny (temporary) apartment I OWN the closet and Conrad shares the kids closet. LOL - I'll send you pictures of that too. You need to get different hangers. I changed mine all up and it makes a difference. (Bed Bath & Beyond - box of 50 - use a 20% coupon)

    Oh, and keep the Calvins (love them!) and trash the other two. You need to let it go! (just based on the photos) hey! An excuse to go out and replace them!

    ReplyDelete