Thursday, April 19, 2012

[Shoe Lookbook] Outlet Chic

Hi there!


I hope you are having a good week. It has been beautiful here in Nor Cal and the weather has been perfect with temperatures in the 70's.


This blog started with my love for shoes and fashion, that was revitalized by Pinterest and fashion blogs, Wendy's Lookbook , Kendi Everyday, and 9 to 5 Chic. Because I am a working wife and mother of three (four if you count Kona), life can get busy and quite expensive.

When I do shop, I find myself looking for clothes at the stores my kids would frequent, like H & M, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Old Navy. I myself have always liked the Gap, Banana Republic, J. Crew (kids like these stores also), and Ann Taylor and LOFT.  I can even say that a lot of my purchases have come from Target as well as Costco, of all places, where I scored a beautiful Michael Kors Red Peacoat this past fall season!

In regards to expenses...well, I purposely try to stay away from the mall because back in the day, I could shop! Being the responsible adult now, I primarily shop for essentials, and Target is a common stop. If a blouse or a dress I see, or even a pair of shoes that catch my eye so happens to make it into the cart on my way to get some toothpaste, well what's the difference?

In organizing my closet, I realized that I don't have a lot of designer brands anymore. My doubts arouse again as I looked at my fashion blog icons. Then I thought that I have pieces that I can pair together. It's just going to have to be a sort of bargain version or "Outlet Chic" (did I just coin a term?!).

Here's my first "Shoe Lookbook" options - Three Shoes paired with an Olive Jacket and Black Tee & Shorts, inspired by Wendy's Lookbook version, to give you three different looks with the same outfit!
(Outfit: Olive Jacket - Forever 21, Black Tee - H&M, Black Shorts - Forever 21)

Outfit inspiration: Wendy's Lookbook Olive Prints


The 3 Shoes:
From Left to Right: Michael Kors Cork-heeled Black Pumps, Old Navy Gold Ballet Flats, Kenneth Cole Black Mid-Calf Stiletto Boots (also pictured on previous blog post, "Shoe Blog: Here We Go!")
The First Look with the Old Navy Gold Ballet Flats. Perfect for a casual stroll with the dog!



The Second Look with Michael Kors Cork-heeled Black Pumps. Perfect for brunch or shopping!
The Third Look with the Kenneth Cole Mid-Calf Stiletto Boots. Perfect for a night out with the husband (who took the picture while I am looking at my phone, as usual!). This look was inspired by Ali Larter, pictured below.
Ali Larter Mid-Calf Boots with Shorts www.stylebistro.com


We all want to look nice and wear the best most updated clothes, but seriously, we have to be practical! This is my solution for those of you that are feeling like me and are in the same situation. Even if you're not, I hope that you are inspired to find your own style whatever your budget is.

I had fun! I hope you enjoyed our visit. As always, please leave any comments or suggestions, because I'd like to hear from you. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

See you later!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. This is so GREAT! You look amazing, Cheryl! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while but just too lazy to figure out how to post pictures, etc. LOL - how lame is that? It's also more fun to see a BLOG when its someone I know, and whose style I happen to like and whose taste I trust. :-)

    Love the shorts. And so glad to see you wearing them. I"m always self conscious because although I think I can still pull them off, I read that if you're over 30 you shouldn't wear shorter shorts. Screw that! You look awesome, (the personal training and running is paying off!) and I'm gong through my closet and reevaluating that idea. Oh and maybe get off my butt and exercise too! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll send you pictures.

    Also, love this look. What about mixing it up with a blouse or light colored top like Ali Larter's and pushing up the sleeves. Love your shoe changes too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I worry about the whole "I'm over 40 and I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like I'm 20", or "I don't want to look like a cougar or hoochy-mama..."

      But I think that it can be done in a classy, age-appropriate way. Cause seriously, who said we can't be hip and stylish unless you're a celebrity?

      Delete
  2. Also, I love the Michael Kors corked heels you have on. My latest obsession is to find a leopard pump that is CHEAP without looking cheap. I think that could add a lot to a simple outfit. Let me know if you ever come across a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what I'm looking for too! We can be shoe twins once we find that pair!

      Delete