Wednesday, April 25, 2012

[Stylish Steps] Accessory Points

Hi there!

Accessories can be points of enhancement for our wardrobe, adding spice and character to an outfit. I am aspiring to do more accessorizing as I don't do enough of it!  Therefore, you may or may not have noticed that I am not the best at jewelry accessorizing outside of the basics. I'm not sure if it's my upbringing, with jewelry being a "no-no", or if it's just the practical side of me.

Banana Republic Necklace (Christmas 2011 Gift from my son)
I believed that the only accessories I needed were shoes, bags, and the occasional hat (yes, I grew up in the Lady Di era...).  I would rather spend my money on the actual clothes, as well as on the shoes & bags (more on bags next time), than spend it on jewelry.  Most of the jewelry I do have are gifts and even then, I have trouble putting them together with an outfit.

As I have gotten older and wiser, it finally has dawned on me that I can further mix & match my clothing if I had more jewelry. Plus, I just think jewelry can individualize a look and bring it to the next level of style.

So my next challenge for myself is to find and buy more jewelry, but to be as practical about it as I can be. For example, I saw on one of my favorite blogs, Drunk on Shoes, that they used a skinny belt wrapped a few times around the wrist to make a bracelet...nifty!

Photo from Drunk on Shoes website
Don't get me wrong. I will accept any and all jewelry gifts that come my way! I may even break down and buy something, but I need to figure out what I truly like and how to wear it.

Here are some things that have caught my eye.

Forever 21 Shimmer Flower Studs $1.50 www.forever21.com

House of Harlow 1960 Pyramid Spike Ring with Engraved Band with Labradorite Stone $35.00 www.zappos.com

J. Crew Gold Bangles $29.50 www.jcrew.com

Chan Luu Multichain Antique Necklace $66.99 (Sale from $105) www.zappos.com
Forever 21 Beaded Statement Necklace $8.80 www.forever21.com

Forever 21 Pressed Floral Knuckle Ring $6.80 www.forever21.com
Banana Republic Gold-tone Knot Earrings $39.50 www.bananarepublic.com

Banana Republic Tribal Mood Bracelet $45.00 www.bananarepublic.com

J. Crew crystal Starlet Earrings $35.00 www.jcrew.com

If anyone is a jewelry fanatic, I would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Even better, email me a picture with any jewelry looks that you love...I may even post some of them. This will be fun! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my journey!

See you later!

Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment