Saturday, April 21, 2012

[Sole Inspiration] Trust and Thankfulness

Hi there!

Before I had started this blog, I had pondered many ideas in my head about what genre of blog (is that correct?) I would write. I have so many things swirling in my brain at times, it can be hard to focus on one idea (I think I have always had a little ADD...)

Anyway, I thought this analogy of shoes and life would let me go off topic, allowing the expression of my thoughts. This segment is meant to be inspiring and uplifting, encouraging you to find your own path and to help you in your journey through life. In the end, whatever your belief or even religion, we are all just human beings who are trying our best to just make this life meaningful.

Here is my first inspirational passage -

"Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those "sister sins" that so easily entangle you.
Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain. Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts. Thus you focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care."

Paraphrased from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

I TRUST in the beauty of nature as proof that there is more to this life and I am THANKFUL to be able to enjoy it on a beautiful walk with my hubby & doggy!
So...off to the races! My half marathon is tomorrow and Nor Cal BFF and I are leaving for Napa Valley now (my kids already left...we're slow...). I'm scared! Wish us luck, cause we need it!

I am so glad you stopped by and if you want, leave any comments or suggestions on my blog site. Thanks for being part of my journey!

See you later!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment