Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where Did My Shoes Take Me Today?

Hi there!

How has your weekend been so far?  Since I wrote my last post, I was worried that my blog and my photos didn't look as cool and professional as the fashion blogs I am inspired by, like 9 to 5 Chic, Wendy's Lookbook, or even Drunk on Shoes.  Then I decided that the bottom line is that I am doing this blog for me.  This is my journey and if I just keep going, I will learn and evolve, eventually getting the look and feel that I want.  Perfectionism is not the goal.  Continuing on and plugging away and just enjoying the process is what this is about and reminding myself that this is why I started this journey.

Case in point.  This morning as I am running an obstacle course with 10 lbs. on my back with my personal trainer yelling at me, I figured out an outfit to wear with my new shoe purchase!  I went to Macy's yesterday with my younger daughter and found these Ellen Tracy pumps that looked like the Christian Louboutin python pumps I saw on Pinterest! I had no idea what I was going to wear them with, just that the price was right (under $50 on sale verses almost $1300 for the Louboutins) and they were perfect!

 Shoes For The Day:
Top left:  Saucony Running Shoes (Old); Top right and Bottom left:  Ellen Tracy Carlton Pumps (Similar to Christian Louboutin Python Pumps ); Bottom right:  Adi Designs Rain Boot (Purchased last year on www.amazon.com)

Here's how my shoes turned out with my outfit!  Photo shoot, then off to church!
Here I am, trying to model...

 It has been raining, even hailing this past week, but today the sun was shining.  It was beautiful!  My husband and I took our very excited chocolate lab, Kona on a walk.  Every time we say, "Walk", Kona can't contain himself...he jumps and almost seems to skip...so cute!
Left:  Me with Kona's E-collar control around my neck with Old Navy leggings and a Banana Republic sweater I found at a thrift store with No name sunglasses I found in Monterey Bay during my youngest daughter's 8th grade choir tour; Top right:  My husband and Kona leading the walk; Middle right:  Close-up of my Adi rain boots (I know, no rain, but they are pretty comfortable for leisurely walks); Bottom right: Beautiful scenery along our regular walk around the neighborhood.

Well that's where my shoes took me today.  I learned that even though I may not be as polished as some, I have my own style - classic, yet current and practical.  What is your style?  Be inspired, but don't be afraid to be yourself!
My chocolate lab, Kona, wanted to be part of the photo shoot!



Jacket - Ann Taylor Loft (Old - my sister bought it for me on my 40th birthday)
Dress - Banana Republic (Purchased last year)
                                   Shoes - Ellen Tracy www.macys.com

I hope you had fun.  Please leave any comments or suggestions because I'd love to hear from you and get to know you.  Thank you for being a part of my journey!

See you later!

Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of you! Can't wait to read more as you post on your BLOG.

    ReplyDelete